Aga Khan in Gujarat meets Chief MinisterFebruary 22, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani had a meeting with His Highness Aga Khan today wherein His Highness expressed his eagerness and support from the Aga Khan Foundation to Gujarat in areas of health, education, rural education advance program etc in order to take the growth story of the state a step ahead.
113 years ago, the Aga Khan School established by the Aga Khan Education Service (AKES) in Mundra region of Kutch is still playing an important role in educating the people. The CM thanked His Highness for the same and briefed him about the Gynakunj project of the state wherein education is being imparted through smart technology to 8000 classrooms.
His Highness Aga Khan expressed his willingness to support the state in getting rid of malnutrition and also expressed his willingness to support in rural advancement program and the ways in which his foundation can be of help. He also expressed his support in aiding the state government in lift irrigation project in the tribal areas.
His Highness talked of the prospects of research with the Aga Khan hospital in Mumbai for treatment of cancer patients in Sidhpur.
Mr.Rupani briefed about the various developmental projects of the state and said that Gujarat has now become a global investment destination and a hub of solar energy, renewable energy etc. He added that it is a policy driven state and said that the Vibrant Gujarat summits have been instrumental in carrying the beacon of a developing Gujarat ahead. The CM congratulated His Highness for receiving the Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India.
- Government modifies operational guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY)
- Rajkot district panchayat member held taking Rs 2 lakh bribe
- Former President Dr Pranab Mukherjee delivers first lecture at IIM Ahmedabad as distinguished guest faculty
- Gujarat Assembly pays homage to late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Shankersinh to work for anti-BJP coalition in Gujarat and elsewhere in upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Withdrawal of Monsoon from Gujarat delayed Eighth time in a row