12 places identified for seaplane operations in GujaratFebruary 23, 2018
Gandhinagar: Tourism department of Gujarat has identified 12 places for seaplane operations in Gujarat that include Sabarmati riverfront, Dharoi dam, Sardar Sarovar dam, Somnath, Bet Dwarka, Saputara, Gandhinagar, Aaji dam in Rajkot and Mandvi.
Seaplane operations are more affordable compared to conventional aircraft because runway and airport like gigantic infrastructure would not be needed, just a small jetty on both ends will be enough.
The Gujarat government is likely to come with a policy regarding this for which consultant has been appointed.
In recently presented annual budget, the Finance Minister had announced a provision of Rs 30 crore under Civil Aviation for sea plane service, development of new airports, Udan Scheme under RCS and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had surprised everyone by flying between Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad and Dharoi dam in North Gujarat in seaplane last year on the last day of Gujarat Assembly general election campaign.
- Sensational claim of death-at-will proves to be drama in Jamnagar village
- Historic Dakota DC-3 aircraft of IAF to reach Jamnagar air-base tomorrow after over week long journey from UK
- Bitcoin extortion case: Court orders 8 days remand of Amreli SP Jagdish Patel
- Govt to provide land to cattle rearers to set up cattle farms 15-20 km away from cities: Rupani
- GNFC registers highest ever profit, turnover and exports in FY 2017-18
- Fire in the ICU of Neonatal ward in Sir T Hospital in Bhavnagar, all 27 infants rescued safely