12 places identified for seaplane operations in GujaratFebruary 23, 2018
Gandhinagar: Tourism department of Gujarat has identified 12 places for seaplane operations in Gujarat that include Sabarmati riverfront, Dharoi dam, Sardar Sarovar dam, Somnath, Bet Dwarka, Saputara, Gandhinagar, Aaji dam in Rajkot and Mandvi.
Seaplane operations are more affordable compared to conventional aircraft because runway and airport like gigantic infrastructure would not be needed, just a small jetty on both ends will be enough.
The Gujarat government is likely to come with a policy regarding this for which consultant has been appointed.
In recently presented annual budget, the Finance Minister had announced a provision of Rs 30 crore under Civil Aviation for sea plane service, development of new airports, Udan Scheme under RCS and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had surprised everyone by flying between Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad and Dharoi dam in North Gujarat in seaplane last year on the last day of Gujarat Assembly general election campaign.
- Vajpayee on life supporting system, condition worsens and critical, Modi reaches AIIMS
- Vadodara based bank fraud case accused Nitin Sandesara arrested in Dubai
- Good news for water-starved Gujarat, met issues heavy to very heavy rainfall warning from August 17
- Rupani to visit Ahmedabad Metro tunnel boring work on Thursday
- After a year, tail-end story of tallest hoisted tricolor in Gujarat
- Here are the announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in Independence Day speech