New York headquartered Xylem inaugurates its India Technology Centre in VadodaraMarch 05, 2018
Vadodara: Xylem Inc. (NYSE: XYL), New York headquartered global water technology company dedicated to solving the water issues, has announced the opening of its India Technology Centre in Vadodara, Gujarat.
The centre will serve the growing demand from the municipal and industrial sectors across the state of Gujarat, offering smart water and wastewater management solutions.
The Xylem India Technology Centre will also serve as a global resource for Xylem’s ongoing research and development and innovation initiatives around key water and infrastructure technology developments.
This new centre further expands Xylem’s footprint in the region, building on the Company’s existing manufacturing and sales operations in Vadodara.
The Xylem India Technology Centre was inaugurated by Dr. Vinod Rao, I.A.S, Commissioner, Baroda Municipal Corporation and Patrick K Decker, President and CEO of Xylem.
Located in Gorwa, the Xylem India Technology Centre will develop solutions to meet the growing demand of the country’s water and wastewater challenges.
With more than 200 technology specialists, it will focus on providing innovative and smart technology solutions that will accelerate the sustainable development of India.
“ At our new centre, we expect to further refine existing products and develop new technologies that will serve India’s water infrastructure needs and Smart Cities’ initiatives well,” said Patrick Decker, President and CEO of Xylem.
Technology Centre is IGBC-LEED Gold-rated and caters to India and its neighbouring countries.
Xylem also has built one of the world’s largest pump testing facility in Vadodara, with a capacity of 7.5 MW and 80,000 m3/hr. The facility is capable of testing vertical turbine pumps, horizontal split case pumps and dry pit sewage pumps along the parameters of performance, submergence and reliability.
“Through this centre, Xylem will further invest in R&D and innovative water and energy solutions. We look forward to partnering with the state and central government to offer innovative and cost effective solutions,” said H. Balasubramaniam, Managing Director, Xylem India.
Xylem also operates in the dewatering space that manufactures, rents, sells and services its own equipment. With the world’s largest rental fleet of 20,000 assets, the company has invested significantly in its international rental footprint, having recently announced expansions in Europe, South Africa, the Middle East and Latin America.
- Only nation's good drives the decisions of PM Modi; urgently required Defense purchases stalled in ten years of UPA govt resumed in present govt without middle men: Raksha Mantri in Gujarat
- Iss bar sabka hisab hoga, hisab pura honga ..... aapka yeh pradhan sewak is hi kaam me laga hai: PM Modi on Pakistan
- Gujarat CM launches second spell of state-wide Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan
- Amid rising Indo-Pak tension Vice Chief of Army visits border areas in Gujarat
- Pulwama effect: Gujarat businessman and Saurashtra cricket association (SCA) protest against Pakistan in their own way
- ACB nabs GST and central Excise officer in South Gujarat taking Rs 1 lakh bribe