Free of cost supply of water-tankers in water-scarce villages in Gujarat this summerMarch 07, 2018
Amid the continuously lowering water level in the Sardar Sarovar Narmada reservoir in Gujarat and apprehensions about availability of water during coming summer, the state government taking a pro-active decision today instructed the district collectors to keep a close-watch on the possible water scarce area and provide free of cost water-tankers in such localities.
The district collectors have been instructed to hold meetings of water committees on regular basis,’ an official of the water supply department said.
‘They have been clearly instructed to hold such meetings on weekly basis and assess the latest situation in the water scarce areas during summer,’ he said.
Free of cost water-tankers would be sent to water-scarce villages for supply of drinking water to villagers,’ he said.
Notably, the water level in Sardar Sarovar reservoir, the life-line of water supply in Gujarat, has gone below 107 meters. Both the hydel electric units were closed since long and even though the authorities of SSNNL and state government repeatedly saying that there won’t be any problem in supply of drinking water to over 10 thousand villages and 150 towns, apprehensions among commoners were still there.
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday