Free of cost supply of water-tankers in water-scarce villages in Gujarat this summerMarch 07, 2018
Amid the continuously lowering water level in the Sardar Sarovar Narmada reservoir in Gujarat and apprehensions about availability of water during coming summer, the state government taking a pro-active decision today instructed the district collectors to keep a close-watch on the possible water scarce area and provide free of cost water-tankers in such localities.
The district collectors have been instructed to hold meetings of water committees on regular basis,’ an official of the water supply department said.
‘They have been clearly instructed to hold such meetings on weekly basis and assess the latest situation in the water scarce areas during summer,’ he said.
Free of cost water-tankers would be sent to water-scarce villages for supply of drinking water to villagers,’ he said.
Notably, the water level in Sardar Sarovar reservoir, the life-line of water supply in Gujarat, has gone below 107 meters. Both the hydel electric units were closed since long and even though the authorities of SSNNL and state government repeatedly saying that there won’t be any problem in supply of drinking water to over 10 thousand villages and 150 towns, apprehensions among commoners were still there.
- Storage position of dams from across Gujarat as on 8.00 am today
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways notifies increase in Truck Axle Load
- Deeper the discussion, better will be the inputs: PM ahead of beginning of parliament session
- Four from Gujarat in newly constituted CWC, the supreme steering body of Congress party, Madhusudan Mistry dropped
- Gujarat BJP spokesperson posts salute to PGVCL lineman in Facebook post
- 45.20% Kharif sowing so far in Gujarat