Both kidneys of a youth failed due to custodial torture by police, alleges a family in Surendranagar, threatens self immolation if not given justiceMarch 12, 2018
Surendranagar: A family of youth on Monday submitted memorandum before the Deputy Collector seeking police complaint and action against local inspector for brutally torture their son in police custody.
The family alleged that their member, a Dhrangadhra based youth was so brutally beaten up by police that he had to be taken to hospital in Ahmedabad. When doctors checked the victim, it was found that his both kidney had failed due to custodial torture, the family claimed.
The family threatened self immolation if police complaint was not filed against the inspector and action not taken against him.
- Boating facility to be developed for tourists visiting Statue of Unity
- Passengers sit on dharna at departure terminal of Ahmedabad airport protesting delay in flight
- Raas dance video viral in name of Morarji Desai is fake; it hasn't Morarji Desai in it
- DyCM, BJP MP hit out at selfstyle Adivasi outfit for opposing the statue of unity project
- 305 kg heroin smuggling case: Gujarat ATS nabs another accused from Kashmir with suspected links with terrorists
- News in brief from across Gujarat (updated)