Both kidneys of a youth failed due to custodial torture by police, alleges a family in Surendranagar, threatens self immolation if not given justiceMarch 12, 2018
Surendranagar: A family of youth on Monday submitted memorandum before the Deputy Collector seeking police complaint and action against local inspector for brutally torture their son in police custody.
The family alleged that their member, a Dhrangadhra based youth was so brutally beaten up by police that he had to be taken to hospital in Ahmedabad. When doctors checked the victim, it was found that his both kidney had failed due to custodial torture, the family claimed.
The family threatened self immolation if police complaint was not filed against the inspector and action not taken against him.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress