CBI arrests Hasmukh Shah of Winson Diamonds in bank fraud caseMarch 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Central government investigation agency Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) has arrested Hasmukh Shah, an Ex Director & authorized signatory of M/s Forever Precious Jewellery & diamonds Ltd (Winsome diamonds group). CBI claims Shah was a close confidante of Jatin Mehta, an accused in the case and was orchestrating the export-import operations of the company. Arrested accused will be produced tomorrow before the Special Judge of CBI Court.
Winsome Group owes around Rs 6,800 crore to 15 Indian banks. The group promoter defaulted on loans in 2013 and disappeared from India along with his family. The CBI last year had registered six cases against Winsome group companies but the probe didn’t make much headway.
- BJP declares first list of Lok Sabha candidates 2019; Modi to contest from Varanasi again
- Amit Shah to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat
- Huge embarrassment for Hardik Patel; Youths chant Modi Modi before he could speak in a function at Jamnagar
- Trailer of upcoming Hindi film PM Narendra Modi released
- Swami Aseemanand, other accused acquitted in Samjhauta Express blast case
- PM Modi interacts with Chowkidars through audio bridge