CBI arrests Hasmukh Shah of Winson Diamonds in bank fraud caseMarch 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Central government investigation agency Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) has arrested Hasmukh Shah, an Ex Director & authorized signatory of M/s Forever Precious Jewellery & diamonds Ltd (Winsome diamonds group). CBI claims Shah was a close confidante of Jatin Mehta, an accused in the case and was orchestrating the export-import operations of the company. Arrested accused will be produced tomorrow before the Special Judge of CBI Court.
Winsome Group owes around Rs 6,800 crore to 15 Indian banks. The group promoter defaulted on loans in 2013 and disappeared from India along with his family. The CBI last year had registered six cases against Winsome group companies but the probe didn’t make much headway.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress