CBI arrests Hasmukh Shah of Winson Diamonds in bank fraud caseMarch 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Central government investigation agency Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) has arrested Hasmukh Shah, an Ex Director & authorized signatory of M/s Forever Precious Jewellery & diamonds Ltd (Winsome diamonds group). CBI claims Shah was a close confidante of Jatin Mehta, an accused in the case and was orchestrating the export-import operations of the company. Arrested accused will be produced tomorrow before the Special Judge of CBI Court.
Winsome Group owes around Rs 6,800 crore to 15 Indian banks. The group promoter defaulted on loans in 2013 and disappeared from India along with his family. The CBI last year had registered six cases against Winsome group companies but the probe didn’t make much headway.
- Gandhi museum at Rajkot decorated with lighting ahead of inauguration by PM Modi
- 30 peacock/peahens die after consuming poisonous wheat/grains in Kutch
- SP in Gujarat sends circular to police stations that talks of police-bootleggers nexus
- Gujarat govt declares scarcity in 6 more talukas, water theft from Narmada canals to be prevented
- Reliance Industries partners Vardhman Textiles to develop innovative R|Elan fabric
- Gujarat headquartered Shubham Polyspin Ltd IPO opens on September 28