German company Viega opens its first manufacturing unit in India at Sanand, GujaratMarch 13, 2018
Ahmedabad: Germany headquartered plumbing and heating solutions firm Viega which is into piping, draining, flushing technology today launched its first manufacturing facility in India at Sanand near Ahmedabad with an investment of around Rs 160 crore (20 million euro). The plant will initially make floor drains and toilet system. The facility will cater to the local demands as well as export market in South East Asia and the Middle East.
Memorandum of Undestanding(MoU) for this unit was signed during the Vibrant Gujarat Investor’s Summit in 2015 with the Gujarat government. The company has acquired a 16-acre land in Sanand GIDC(Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation) estate for this plant. 119-year old family run business, the Viega Group, has been active in India since 2005, founded its subsidiary Viega India in 2015 with its headquarters here.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress