German company Viega opens its first manufacturing unit in India at Sanand, GujaratMarch 13, 2018
Ahmedabad: Germany headquartered plumbing and heating solutions firm Viega which is into piping, draining, flushing technology today launched its first manufacturing facility in India at Sanand near Ahmedabad with an investment of around Rs 160 crore (20 million euro). The plant will initially make floor drains and toilet system. The facility will cater to the local demands as well as export market in South East Asia and the Middle East.
Memorandum of Undestanding(MoU) for this unit was signed during the Vibrant Gujarat Investor’s Summit in 2015 with the Gujarat government. The company has acquired a 16-acre land in Sanand GIDC(Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation) estate for this plant. 119-year old family run business, the Viega Group, has been active in India since 2005, founded its subsidiary Viega India in 2015 with its headquarters here.
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda