German company Viega opens its first manufacturing unit in India at Sanand, GujaratMarch 13, 2018
Ahmedabad: Germany headquartered plumbing and heating solutions firm Viega which is into piping, draining, flushing technology today launched its first manufacturing facility in India at Sanand near Ahmedabad with an investment of around Rs 160 crore (20 million euro). The plant will initially make floor drains and toilet system. The facility will cater to the local demands as well as export market in South East Asia and the Middle East.
Memorandum of Undestanding(MoU) for this unit was signed during the Vibrant Gujarat Investor’s Summit in 2015 with the Gujarat government. The company has acquired a 16-acre land in Sanand GIDC(Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation) estate for this plant. 119-year old family run business, the Viega Group, has been active in India since 2005, founded its subsidiary Viega India in 2015 with its headquarters here.
- Four from Gujarat in newly constituted CWC, the supreme steering body of Congress party, Madhusudan Mistry dropped
- Gujarat BJP spokesperson posts salute to PGVCL lineman in Facebook post
- 45.20% Kharif sowing so far in Gujarat
- Gujarat CM reviews flood affected areas of Gir-Somnath district
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to Gujarat on July 20 postponed: Rupani
- Narmada irrigation water for farmers of Surendranagar, Ahmedabad, North Gujarat from tomorrow