305 illegal water lifting connections cut at Madka canal in BanaskanthaMarch 14, 2018
Tharad: A group of farmers pelted stones over government team protesting action against illegal water lifting activity.
Narmada department staff joined by State Reserve Police(SRP) team had come to Vav and Tharad talukas to remove illegal water drawing machines on Madka canal. When process of cutting as many as 300 pipelines was going on near Morikha village, a group of farmers rushed there and pelted stone. The officials left the place for safety reasons but arrived again to continue the action after some time.
The government teams cut 305 illegal connections between Dod and Morikha villages at Madka canal.
- Government modifies operational guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY)
- Rajkot district panchayat member held taking Rs 2 lakh bribe
- Former President Dr Pranab Mukherjee delivers first lecture at IIM Ahmedabad as distinguished guest faculty
- Gujarat Assembly pays homage to late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Shankersinh to work for anti-BJP coalition in Gujarat and elsewhere in upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Withdrawal of Monsoon from Gujarat delayed Eighth time in a row