305 illegal water lifting connections cut at Madka canal in BanaskanthaMarch 14, 2018
Tharad: A group of farmers pelted stones over government team protesting action against illegal water lifting activity.
Narmada department staff joined by State Reserve Police(SRP) team had come to Vav and Tharad talukas to remove illegal water drawing machines on Madka canal. When process of cutting as many as 300 pipelines was going on near Morikha village, a group of farmers rushed there and pelted stone. The officials left the place for safety reasons but arrived again to continue the action after some time.
The government teams cut 305 illegal connections between Dod and Morikha villages at Madka canal.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reacts to 5 State assembly poll results
- PM Narendra Modi reacts to five-state assembly election results
- Car bangs the international terminal in Ahmedabad, driver slapped with heavy fine
- Shaktikant Das appointed new RBI Governor for three years
- Lioness in Devaliya Safari Park of Gujarat dies
- Jio to become India's No 1 telecom operator by 2021: Bernstein report