Dy CM Patel proposes 3-year suspension of Dudhat and Der, 1 year for Thakor from assemblyMarch 14, 2018
After the ‘indecent’ incident in Gujarat assembly today, DyCM Nitin Patel has put a proposal in the house for suspension of Congress MLA Pradip Dudhat and Ambrish Der for a period of 3 years and Baldevji Thakor for a period of one year as an ‘exemplary punishment’ for their act which has put a black blot in the legislative history of the state.
Dudhat had snatched a mic to attack fellow BJP MLA Jagdish Panchal in the house and Congress MLA Ambrish Der had openly hurled abuses at the speaker while Thakor had allegedly threatened BJP members.
Soon after the house assembled again following the adjournment in the wake of the incident, Patel put forth the proposal saying that the whole house has earned a bad-name owing to the act of merely 3 to 4 members. They should be given exemplary punishment.
Minister of legislative affairs supported the proposal.
Meanwhile, Congress objected to the proposal saying that BJP MLAs Panchal and Harsh Singhavi, who had instigated the Congress MLAs should also be suspended from the house for a period of 3 years.
- Sensational claim of death-at-will proves to be drama in Jamnagar village
- Historic Dakota DC-3 aircraft of IAF to reach Jamnagar air-base tomorrow after over week long journey from UK
- Bitcoin extortion case: Court orders 8 days remand of Amreli SP Jagdish Patel
- Govt to provide land to cattle rearers to set up cattle farms 15-20 km away from cities: Rupani
- GNFC registers highest ever profit, turnover and exports in FY 2017-18
- Fire in the ICU of Neonatal ward in Sir T Hospital in Bhavnagar, all 27 infants rescued safely