Dy CM Patel proposes 3-year suspension of Dudhat and Der, 1 year for Thakor from assemblyMarch 14, 2018
After the ‘indecent’ incident in Gujarat assembly today, DyCM Nitin Patel has put a proposal in the house for suspension of Congress MLA Pradip Dudhat and Ambrish Der for a period of 3 years and Baldevji Thakor for a period of one year as an ‘exemplary punishment’ for their act which has put a black blot in the legislative history of the state.
Dudhat had snatched a mic to attack fellow BJP MLA Jagdish Panchal in the house and Congress MLA Ambrish Der had openly hurled abuses at the speaker while Thakor had allegedly threatened BJP members.
Soon after the house assembled again following the adjournment in the wake of the incident, Patel put forth the proposal saying that the whole house has earned a bad-name owing to the act of merely 3 to 4 members. They should be given exemplary punishment.
Minister of legislative affairs supported the proposal.
Meanwhile, Congress objected to the proposal saying that BJP MLAs Panchal and Harsh Singhavi, who had instigated the Congress MLAs should also be suspended from the house for a period of 3 years.
- GST rates reduced/waived off on number of items, GST return filing to be simplified
- Gujarat Congress leader Himanshu Vyas appointed as AICC Secretary in charge of NRI wing of party
- M Phil student alleges woman professor of making her do household chores, cleaning, GU forms probe committee
- Despite late arrival this year in Gujarat, SW Monsoon crosses half-way mark of annual rainfall before July-end
- Heavy rainfall warnings for next 24 hours
- GU for shorter question paper and exam time