No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifiesMarch 19, 2018
Ahmedabad: President of Gujarat unit of opposition Congress party, Bharatsinh Solanki today rejected the reports that he had resigned from the post.
Solanki speaking to media persons at Ahmedabad airport on his arrival here from Delhi said, ‘I am going to America and London on two-week vacation with permission of party president Rahul Gandhi. There’s no truth in reports that I have resigned. I had spoken about my resignation taking responsibility of Gujarat polls (outcome) after verdict, but party high command had asked me to continue. Part high command will take decision on my future path. I am soldier of Rahul Gandhi. I have told Rahulji that whatever task he assigns me, I am ready for it. Year 2019 election is far away. It is for party high command to decide how to fight it.’
It should be mentioned that Solanki had met party’s national president Rahul Gandhi earlier today along with two newly elected Rajya Sabha MPs from Gujarat Naran Rathwa and Amiben Yagnik and Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani.
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape