No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifiesMarch 19, 2018
Ahmedabad: President of Gujarat unit of opposition Congress party, Bharatsinh Solanki today rejected the reports that he had resigned from the post.
Solanki speaking to media persons at Ahmedabad airport on his arrival here from Delhi said, ‘I am going to America and London on two-week vacation with permission of party president Rahul Gandhi. There’s no truth in reports that I have resigned. I had spoken about my resignation taking responsibility of Gujarat polls (outcome) after verdict, but party high command had asked me to continue. Part high command will take decision on my future path. I am soldier of Rahul Gandhi. I have told Rahulji that whatever task he assigns me, I am ready for it. Year 2019 election is far away. It is for party high command to decide how to fight it.’
It should be mentioned that Solanki had met party’s national president Rahul Gandhi earlier today along with two newly elected Rajya Sabha MPs from Gujarat Naran Rathwa and Amiben Yagnik and Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity