Air India cancels Newark – Ahmedabad flight due to inclement weatherMarch 21, 2018
Ahmedabad: Air India today announced that it has rescheduled a couple of India-bound flights from the US today due to inclement weather in northeastern America.
Air India’s London-Newark flights (both directions) have been cancelled along with the Newark-Ahmedabad flight.
Flight No. AI 102 from New York to New Delhi has been rescheduled and its revised time of departure is 12.15PM on March 22. The departure timings of flight No. AI 144 from Newark to Mumbai has also been rescheduled to 11AM on March 22.
The airline has cancelled its Newark-Ahmedabad flight for the day along with the London-Newark flight on both ways.
Air India tweeted that re-booking and cancellation can be done without any penalty.
A low-pressure system moving across the southeastern US is expected to develop into a storm, which will bring rain and snow across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, US media reports said.
Air India tweets:
Due to inclement weather in the Northeast United States Air India has changed its departures for March 21, 2018 :
1. AI-102(NYC-DEL) RTD 12:15pm 22 March
2. AI-144 (EWR-BOM) RTD 11:00am 22 March
3. AI-171 (LHR-EWR) & AI-172 (EWR – LHR)& (EWR- AMD) cancelled
NYC = NewYork
EWR = Newark(New Jersey)
LHR = Hethrow airport, London
Bom = Mumbai airport
Del = Delhi airport
AMD = Ahmedabad
Due to inclement weather in the Northeast United States, Air India has changed its departures for 21st March. Rebooking cancellation permitted without any penalty.
Passengers may contact travel agents or Air India at 1800223 7776 Thank you.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase