19081 road accidents in Gujarat in 2016, 7289 deaths, 16802 injuredMarch 22, 2018
Gandhinagar: 28 national highways in length of 5,017 km pass through Gujarat while the length of State highways in the State is over 18,000 km. In 2016-17, the roads in Gujarat saw 19,081 incidents of road accidents involving 7,289 deaths and 16,802 injured.
This detail was shared by minister of state for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja in Gujarat assembly today.
He said 683 accidents happened at 83 black spots of which 69 spots are rectified which resulted into reduced number of accident – 85.
There were 21,859 road accidents in 2016, 19,081 in 2017 involving 8,316 and 7,281 deaths respectively.
- Normal to Severe heat-wave in parts of Gujarat, Surendranagar record near 46°C temperature
- Person sitting on fast against encroachment of Gochar land in Gujarat dies
- Vinod Bhatt was like a 'North-star' in the sky of humorous literature, I was brought up reading him: BJP president Amit Shah
- Jadeja comes to home-town Jamnagar amid busy IPL schedule to meet wife Rivaba
- PM’s interaction through PRAGATI
- Gujarat govt launches mobile app for '108' emergency ambulance service