Vistara flight cancelled due to technical glitch at Ahmedabad airport, relief aircraft arrived from DelhiMarch 31, 2018
Ahmedabad: Vistara flight departed from Ahmedabad for Delhi last evening experienced a technical problem in one of its engines after departure and landed at Ahmedabad, at 8.55 pm.
All passengers were safe.
‘Flight number UK966 was cancelled due to this technical glitch and relief aircraft was being sent from Delhi which was scheduled to depart from Ahmedabad at 0130 hrs,’ according to Vistara.
In a detailed statement in the morning, Vistara said: ‘Last evening(March 30), UK flight 966 from Ahmedabad to Delhi returned to Ahmdabad after take-off due to some engine vibration. However contrary to some media reports, there was no engine failure or shut-down in flight, and it was not an emergency landing-no emergency was declared. It was a precautionary landing. Safety is the number one priority for Vistara, and we thank our customers for their patience while we arranged a replacement aircraft to fly them to Delhi.’
‘It should be further noted that our Airbus A320neo aircraft have engines made by a different manufacturer, and are not affected by the engine issues that relate to the other engine choice.’
- PAAS leader Dinesh Bambhaniya arrested by crime branch from his home on NBW in Sedition case
- #ISupportKarnavati trends nationally number one on Twitter
- Over 6 lakh complete Lili parikrama even before formal start, 6 die of heart attack so far
- Congress declares incharge for each of 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat
- Rupani reviews scarcity situation in Kutch
- ACB nabs Deputy Director of ESIC office taking bribe for issuing certificate to factory owner