Gujarat govt announces rules, instructions, directives for Amarnath pilgrimsApril 03, 2018
Gandhinagar: Department of Transport, Government of Gujarat has issued important instructions regarding upcoming Amarnath Yatra, highlights of which are listed below:
– Tour operators who have all India permit should submit the list of registration of pilgrims and their valid registration forms to concerned RTO.
– Driver of Amarnath Yatra bus should be physically healthy. His age must not be above 50. He must produce medical certificate for physical fitness.
– The driver will need to ride vehicle as per the route, convoy, security and time decided by the government of Jammu & Kashmir.
– The driver will in no circumstances behave against the Standard Operation Procedure(SOP) decided by Jammu & Kashmir administration.
– Vehicle must stop at the place prescribed by the J&K government.
– The bus must have GPS vehicle locator.
– In emergency, the pilgrims, driver or owner of the vehicle will be able to contact the control room number of Department of Revenue, Government of Gujarat 079- 23251616, 23251900 and toll free numbers 079-1070, fax number – 079 – 23251612 and 2325161. These all numbers must be displayed inside the bus.
– Pilgrims must have their driving licenses and identity cards along with the permit documents.
– Prepaid sim card issued from other States will not work in J&K. Therefore, the pilgrims will need to purchase sim cards in the base camp and use them.
– For any help, the pilgrims will need to contact nearby SABS camp director.
– More details are available through www.ShriAmarnathjiShrine.Com
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda