Air India flight from Mumbai returns without landing at Rajkot once, comeback and land after emergency runway patchwork is completedApril 12, 2018
Some confusion was created at Rajkot Airport this afternoon when an Air India flight from Mumbai had to return owing to ongoing emergency patching work of the runway.
Airport Director B K Das said that the flight AI 655 had to return to Mumbai as it was not having sufficient fuel to wait in the air for sufficient time.
‘The flight returned to Mumbai and came back later and landed here,’ he added.
Meanwhile sources said that some patches were notice on the runway by a preceding flight and the emergency filling up was started. In the meantime the Air India flight came over the airport.
It had to return only to come back later.
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest