ACB shares more details about GLDC raid, MD S K Detroja seemingly main culprit, no arrest as yetApril 13, 2018
The ACB today revealed complete details of it raid on the Guajrat Land Development Corporation in sector 10 of capital Gandhinagar last night in which a total cash of Rs 56,50,500 was recovered from the offices of five officials including MD S K Detroja.
Addressing a press conference tonight DySP D P Chudasama said that it has been revealed prima facie that Joint Director K C Parmar, who was in service post retirement and from whose office the maximum amount of 40,52,500 was recovered, used to collect bribe for MD Detroja for the past 2 years.
The bribe was collected for grant for various government schemes. The houses of Detroja, Parmar and 3 other officials from whose offices cash was recovered last night were also raided today.
The name of the five officials including the MD and recovery from office and residence is as following –
S K Detroja , MD – Rs 1,28000 of unaccounted cash, gold jewelry 30584 (from office in Coporation), apporx Rs 20 lakh worth of items including furniture from home.
K C Parmar, Joint Director – Rs 40,52,500 unaccounted cash from office, Rs 11.40 lakh worth of items including furniture from home.
M K Desai, Assistant Director- Rs 9,00,000 unaccounted cash from office, over Rs 70 lakh worth of items including furniture and jewelry including two gold biscuit from locker from home
S M Vaghela,, Field Supervisor- Rs 5,00,000 unaccounted cash from office, Rs 8.75 lakh worth of items including furniture from home)
S V Shah company secretary 70,000 unaccounted cash, Rs 8.75 lakh worth of items including furniture from home.
Chudasama said that a case in this connection under section 8, 10 and 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 has been lodged in the ACB police station Gandhinagar.
He informed that so far no arrest has been made in the case.
- Gujarati daily editor broadcasts his angiography procedure live in video on social media
- SC Judge M.R. Shah and Solicitor General Tushar Mehta felicitated
- Abruptly lowered maximum temperatures and wind at lower level giving 'cold-wave' like feeling at various places across Gujarat
- Woman CA nabbed red handed accepting Rs 8 lakh bribe for Assistant IT commissioner
- PM Modi slams Congress for showing disregard to SC verdict on Rafale
- Rafale – Lies, Shortlived lies and now further lies : a note by Arun Jaitley