Gujarat govt in touch with RBI to resolve cash scarcity issue in banks: NitinApril 13, 2018
Amid the fresh scarcity of cash in several banks and many of them putting a limit on daily withdrawal in the past few days, DyCM cum Finance Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel today said that the state government was trying to resolve the issue at the earliest.
Notably some of the co-operative banks in Aravalli, Sabarkantha and Mahesana have also put a limit on cash-withdrawal.
Talking to newsmen here today Patel said that he has come to know about the cash scarcity issue which was happening for the past 4 to 5 days.
‘I had talked to the regional manager of RBI day before yesterday and again yesterday in this regard. I have also instructed Chief Secretary to stay in touch with the RBI official,’
‘We have asked the RBI to ensure the currency inflow. The Gujarat government was trying to resolve the issue at the earliest,’ he said.
- GST rates reduced/waived off on number of items, GST return filing to be simplified
- Gujarat Congress leader Himanshu Vyas appointed as AICC Secretary in charge of NRI wing of party
- M Phil student alleges woman professor of making her do household chores, cleaning, GU forms probe committee
- Despite late arrival this year in Gujarat, SW Monsoon crosses half-way mark of annual rainfall before July-end
- Heavy rainfall warnings for next 24 hours
- GU for shorter question paper and exam time