Another UAV crashes in PorbandarApril 14, 2018
Porbandar: Another Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV) of Indian Navy has crashed in Porbandar. The latest one has crashed near Khakhrala Ness close to Ranavav town of Porbandar district. Indian Navy has UAV squadron based in Porbandar. This is second Heron drone, Indian Navy has lost in less than a month and third crash in four months(Army lost one in December). Heron UAV had lost datalink communication before it crashed.
Defence spokesperson said: Heron UAV of Indian Navy on a routine sortie lost contact with control and crashed at around 12.58 hour approximately 20 Nautical mile South East of Porbandar. No loss of life has been reported from crash site. BoI has been constituted to ascertain the reasons leading to crash.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity