PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first health centre under Ayushman Bharat SchemeApril 14, 2018
Jangala (Bijapur, Chhattisgarh): Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first health centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme here today. Modi is the first prime minister to visit the tribal district of Bijapur. This was the prime minister’s fourth visit to Chhattisgarh.
He also inaugurated the first phase of the Bastar Internet scheme under which a 40,000-km-long network of fibre optics cable would be spread across the seven districts of the tribal region namely Bijapur, Narayanpur, Bastar, Kanker, Kondagaon, Sukma and Dantewada.
Modi also inaugurated a new rail line and a passenger train between Gudum and Bhanupratapur, bringing north Bastar region on railways’ map.
Modi also inaugurated bank branches in seven villages and visited rural BPO centre developed under the India BPO promotion scheme. The BPO centre is provided Internet by the Bastar internet scheme.
He also laid foundation stones for road and bridge projects worth over Rs 1,700 crore.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh chaired the programme while Health Minister J P Nadda was the chief guest on the occasion.
Modi had visited Dantewada in May 2015, Naya Raipur and Rajnandgaon in February 2016 and Naya Raipur in November 2016.
Under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme, the government aims to open 1.5 lakh health and wellness centre by 2022, which would be equipped to treat host of diseases, including blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and old-age illness.
Also under the scheme, the government has prepared the broad contour of the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) and work is on to finalise parameters for identifying beneficiaries and hospital entitlement.
- NHRC in Gujarat for open hearing
- Report of D K Trivedi Commission to be tabled in Gujarat Assembly in Monsoon Session: MoS Jadeja
- Tension in Gujarat village as unknown miscreants put foot-wears garland on Ambedkar statue
- PM issues statement before his departure to China
- POCSO court in Gujarat pronounce death sentence for youth who sodomized and killed 4 year old boy
- My heart had stopped beating for ten minutes, then I got back the life: Haribapa continuing to build fancy stories