CCTV footage, mobile calls also being checked thoroughly to get a break-through in Surat 11 year old girl death case: MoS JadejaApril 16, 2018
Even as the mystery of the murder of an 11 year old girl, whose body was found on in Pandesara area of Surat city, was yet to be solved, Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja today said that CCTV footage and details of mobile calls made in and around the area were being checked thoroughly to nab the culprits.
Jadeja told newsman in Karai near here during an event today that police was also checking the CCTV footage in and around the area in Surat from where the body was found over 10 days back.
‘The police was also checking the mobile calls made from that area to get a trace of the culprit/culprits. We hope that it would be done soon and the culprits of murder and rape of the little girl would be caught,’ the minister said.
Notably, the investigation of the case has been handed over to the crime branch of Surat police.
The body was found near a cricket stadium in the city in Bhestan area. The police recovered it on the information of morning walkers. Its autopsy confirmed that the girl was badly tortured before strangling her to death. There were over 80 injury marks over her body including her private parts. She was also raped.
Police has not yet got any breakthrough in the matter.
However, the crime branch has booked three people who were involved in rumour mongering on the issue over social media.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity