RMC removes illegally erected Ambedkar statues, Protesters issue ultimatumApril 20, 2018
Two different groups of people today protested the removal of 2 Ambedkar statute allegedly illegally erected in two traffic circles in the city.
Rajkot Municipal Corporation had post mid night last night safely removed the two statues erected in the traffic circles near Astha chowk and Rajnagar traffic circles in the city on April 14.
No permission was sought for setting up the large statues in the traffic circles.
However, group of people mostly belonging to SC community started protests demanding putting the statues back again.
Some people also tried to stop city buses (BRTS) in Punitnagar area.
Two groups were sitting on protest near the two places.
They have issued ultimatum for putting the statues back by this evening.
- Police constable attacks and injure Cricketer Ravinder Jadeja's wife, arrested
- New startling twist in Bitcoin case: complainant Shailesh Bhatt himself is the main culprit
- Amit Shah speaks on Karnataka assembly election results 2018
- Uno Minda Group commissions Rs 450 crore alloy wheel & 4W switch plants in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt launches 'Trinetra' initiative for drone surveillance of mineral areas
- Mumbai - Ahmedabad Duronto train to be extended to Rajkot