RMC removes illegally erected Ambedkar statues, Protesters issue ultimatumApril 20, 2018
Two different groups of people today protested the removal of 2 Ambedkar statute allegedly illegally erected in two traffic circles in the city.
Rajkot Municipal Corporation had post mid night last night safely removed the two statues erected in the traffic circles near Astha chowk and Rajnagar traffic circles in the city on April 14.
No permission was sought for setting up the large statues in the traffic circles.
However, group of people mostly belonging to SC community started protests demanding putting the statues back again.
Some people also tried to stop city buses (BRTS) in Punitnagar area.
Two groups were sitting on protest near the two places.
They have issued ultimatum for putting the statues back by this evening.
- Rabi Crops sowing in Gujarat very slow, so far 42% less than last year
- Junagadh, Porbandar to get water supply every third day
- Volunteery services of Kutchi gentleman to shine in Kaun Banega Crorepati episode
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry service timings to change from 1 December
- Gujarat govt. refutes Congress allegation over contract with Vodafone
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year