Two buses attacked, one of them looted on main Ahmedabad – Ambaji highway late in wee hoursApril 24, 2018
Ambaji: Two buses were attacked by unidentified persons on Hadad – Ambaji highway early in the wee hours today. A complaint has been filed in this regard in Ambaji police station.
According to complainant Arvind Parmar who is driver in Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation(GSRTC), he was driving the bus to reach Ambaji. At 2.30 am the bus suffered stone pelting near Chikhla village slop next to Ranpur on Hadad-Ambaji road. Main frontal glass and one window glass were broken after hit by stone. The driver could escape the place by speeding the bus and reached Ambaji police station to file complaint. The State transport bus had 43 passengers and all were safe.
In another incident at the same place, a private luxury sleeper coach number GJ 03 B 5896 was also attacked with stones, as a result of which the driver lost control of bus and the bus went off road. In this case, the passengers appealed stone pelters – who are believed to be local tribals – to stop pelting stones. On demand of stone pelters, the passengers gave them Rs 30-40,000 cash. The incident happened around 6 km before Ambaji in dark hours. According to a passenger there were 4-5 persons involved in stone attack.
Police said that it was seemingly a case of attempt of loot. Efforts to nab the culprits were on.
- Normal to Severe heat-wave in parts of Gujarat, Surendranagar record near 46°C temperature
- Person sitting on fast against encroachment of Gochar land in Gujarat dies
- Vinod Bhatt was like a 'North-star' in the sky of humorous literature, I was brought up reading him: BJP president Amit Shah
- Jadeja comes to home-town Jamnagar amid busy IPL schedule to meet wife Rivaba
- PM’s interaction through PRAGATI
- Gujarat govt launches mobile app for '108' emergency ambulance service