DPIL Rs 2654 crores bank loan defraud case: Amit Bhatnagar sent in judicial custodyApril 30, 2018
After the completion of his extended remand, a special CBI court here today sent Managing Director of Vadodara based electric equipment manufacturing company Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd (DPIL) Amit Bhatnagar to judicial custody (jail) in connection with Rs 2654 crore bank defraud case.
Amit along with his father S N Bhatnagar, promoter of the company, and bother and Joint MD Sumit Bhatnagar were arrested from a hotel in Udaipur on April 17 and were produced in court here the next day.
The court had on April 18 allowed 9 days remand (till April 27) of the trio. Later on April 27 when the trio were produced in the court on completion of remand which had accepted the request of prosecution (CBI) to extend the remand of Amit Bhatnagar till Monday while it asked Sumit Bhatnagar to send to jail in judicial custody.
The court also had ordered a thorough check-up of S N Bhatnagar for whom bail on health ground was sought. He has also now been sent to judicial custody.
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate