DPIL Rs 2654 crores bank loan defraud case: Amit Bhatnagar sent in judicial custodyApril 30, 2018
After the completion of his extended remand, a special CBI court here today sent Managing Director of Vadodara based electric equipment manufacturing company Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd (DPIL) Amit Bhatnagar to judicial custody (jail) in connection with Rs 2654 crore bank defraud case.
Amit along with his father S N Bhatnagar, promoter of the company, and bother and Joint MD Sumit Bhatnagar were arrested from a hotel in Udaipur on April 17 and were produced in court here the next day.
The court had on April 18 allowed 9 days remand (till April 27) of the trio. Later on April 27 when the trio were produced in the court on completion of remand which had accepted the request of prosecution (CBI) to extend the remand of Amit Bhatnagar till Monday while it asked Sumit Bhatnagar to send to jail in judicial custody.
The court also had ordered a thorough check-up of S N Bhatnagar for whom bail on health ground was sought. He has also now been sent to judicial custody.
- Latest and perhaps last spell of monsoon in Gujarat adds around 5% to rain-average in parching North and East Central regions , state average also see 2.41% rise in last 2 days
- Foundation stone laying ceremony of six lane conversion of Sarkhej - Chiloda highway on Monday
- Ganesh Murti vandalized in Surat; five booked
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat - PMJAY nationwide, CM and DyCM launches the same in Gujarat
- Rain continues in parts of Gujarat, heavy rain warning for 3 north and 1 central Gujarat districts
- A Questionable Statement Which Circumstances & Facts Demolish: Arun Jaitley's note on Rafale