DPIL Rs 2654 crores bank loan defraud case: Amit Bhatnagar sent in judicial custodyApril 30, 2018
After the completion of his extended remand, a special CBI court here today sent Managing Director of Vadodara based electric equipment manufacturing company Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd (DPIL) Amit Bhatnagar to judicial custody (jail) in connection with Rs 2654 crore bank defraud case.
Amit along with his father S N Bhatnagar, promoter of the company, and bother and Joint MD Sumit Bhatnagar were arrested from a hotel in Udaipur on April 17 and were produced in court here the next day.
The court had on April 18 allowed 9 days remand (till April 27) of the trio. Later on April 27 when the trio were produced in the court on completion of remand which had accepted the request of prosecution (CBI) to extend the remand of Amit Bhatnagar till Monday while it asked Sumit Bhatnagar to send to jail in judicial custody.
The court also had ordered a thorough check-up of S N Bhatnagar for whom bail on health ground was sought. He has also now been sent to judicial custody.
- Foreign Trade Development Officer caught red handed taking bribe from exporter for correction in foreign trade license from exporter in Gujarat
- Rajkot has got the Gujarat AIIMS due to political heavyweights of the region including CM Rupani and LoP Dhanani: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel
- Cold wave in parts of Gujarat, Met issues warning for tomorrow as well
- Jaxay Shah appointed chairman of Assocham Gujarat chapter
- Three companies sign MoUs with Gujarat govt for Rs. 3,710 crore investment in expansion and new projects
- PM's visit to Statue of Unity; visitors advised to arrive post 11 am on December 21st