Bandh in Karmsad, the native town of Sardar Patel demanding national status to it evokes wide responseMay 01, 2018
A bandh was organized today in Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s native place Karamsad in Central Gujarat where a fast unto death under the banner of Sardar Hitrakshak Samiti, demanding the ‘national status’ to it, also continued on the second consecutive day.
Meanwhile one of the over a dozen people sitting on fast near Sardar Patel statue in Karamsad was given medical treatment following deterioration in condition.
Local business community also spontaneously supported the bandh which evoked wide response.
The Committee has demanded that Karmsad must be given national status on the lines of Porbandar which was given the special status more than a decade ago but Karmsad was ignored.
It was demanding special status for the town by including it under the centrally-sponsored Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNRUM). Porbandar was given the same way back in 2008-09.
Notably, Sardar Patel, who was born in Nadiad had spend his childhood in Karamsad and got early education there.
- BAPS Hindu Mandir foundation stone-laying ceremony completed, celebrating UAE’s commitment to tolerance
- 5 detained in connection with ruckus in Hardik's Nikol public meeting: Police
- High-decibel Intense poll campaign in Gujarat to end tomorrow
- Hardik opposed during Congress election rally in Patidar den, had to leave without delivering speech
- BJP will win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat again with even higher lead: Vijay Rupani in Rajkot
- Will 2019 Witness the Dynasty as a Liability on the Congress Party? : A note by Arun Jaitley