Bandh in Karmsad, the native town of Sardar Patel demanding national status to it evokes wide responseMay 01, 2018
A bandh was organized today in Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s native place Karamsad in Central Gujarat where a fast unto death under the banner of Sardar Hitrakshak Samiti, demanding the ‘national status’ to it, also continued on the second consecutive day.
Meanwhile one of the over a dozen people sitting on fast near Sardar Patel statue in Karamsad was given medical treatment following deterioration in condition.
Local business community also spontaneously supported the bandh which evoked wide response.
The Committee has demanded that Karmsad must be given national status on the lines of Porbandar which was given the special status more than a decade ago but Karmsad was ignored.
It was demanding special status for the town by including it under the centrally-sponsored Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNRUM). Porbandar was given the same way back in 2008-09.
Notably, Sardar Patel, who was born in Nadiad had spend his childhood in Karamsad and got early education there.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity