Chief Minister sits behind the wheel of JCB to dig earth at Shertha talav in GandhinagarMay 03, 2018
Gandhinagar: As part of the month-long Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan launched on Gujarat’s Foundation Day on Tuesday, Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani himself sat behind the wheel of a JCB earth moving vehicle to dig up a pond at Shertha in Gandhinagar district.
The government plans to de-silt or dig up 11,000-lakh cu ft earth from 13,000-odd ponds, check dams and reservoirs in the state before monsoon. This includes deepening 138 ponds and 188 watershed works, others under forest department in Gandhinagar district alone.
Speaking on the occasion, he appealed to the villagers to join the huge drive to create additional water storing capacity and rejuvenate rivers and rivulets, in addition to drip irrigation and other ongoing projects.
Mr. Rupani presented Rs.5,000 bonds as token under Mata Yashoda Award to girl children born during the last one year at the MB Patel Public Hospital at Isanpur Mota Gam, also distributed gas kits to beneficiaries.
Gandhinagar District Collector S.K. Langa gave details of the works under Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan in the district.
Those present on the occasion included State Planning Board Deputy Chairman Narharibhai Amin, MLA Shambhuji Thakor, ex-MLA Ashokbhai Patel and Atulbhai Patel, former GUDA Chairman Ashishbhai Dave, Gandhinagar Mayor Pravinbhai Patel, Taluka Panchayat President Shobhnabe Vaghela, Kalol Nagarpalika President Anandiben Patel, Shertha Gam Panchayat Gitaben Thakor, BJP District President Naileshbhai Shah, DDO Hitesh Koya, Additional Resident Collector H.M. Jadeja and Deputy Conservator of Forest Atulbhai Amin.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day