Kashmiri Charas worth around Rs one crore seized in Ahmedabad, 2 carriers from UP nabbedMay 05, 2018
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) has nabbed two drugs carriers from Uttar Pradesh from a train with Charas worth around Rs one crore in the Kankariya yard here.
Narcotics Control Bureau Zonal Director Hari Om Gandhi today said that Rajaram Maurya and Hanuman, both resident of Gonda in Uttar Pradesh had arrived here in a general compartment of Gorakhpur-Okha express last night and were noticed by the RPF patrol team in suspicious condition in Kankariya railway yard.
They were caught with two bags containing 9 packets of Kashmiri Charas weighing around 9 kgs worth about Rs one crore in the international market.
Gandhi said that during interrogation they revealed that they were only carriers of the Charas which was to be delivered to someone in Ahmedabad.
Gandhi also added that now with seizure of Kashmir Charas from a train from UP indicates that the Kashmiri Charas racket was perhaps using a new route.
- Highlights of investment commitments announced from the stage at Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugural session
- India is ready for business as never before: PM at inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Gujarat is becoming more and more important for Suzuki Group: Toshihiro Suzuki shares company's future plans here
- RIL to double the investment and livelihood opportunities in Gujarat in a decade: Mukesh Ambani at Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Long-term Uranium Ore Concentrate supply pact for India's energy requirements signed in presence of PM Modi, Uzbek President in Gujarat
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar