Kashmiri Charas worth around Rs one crore seized in Ahmedabad, 2 carriers from UP nabbedMay 05, 2018
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) has nabbed two drugs carriers from Uttar Pradesh from a train with Charas worth around Rs one crore in the Kankariya yard here.
Narcotics Control Bureau Zonal Director Hari Om Gandhi today said that Rajaram Maurya and Hanuman, both resident of Gonda in Uttar Pradesh had arrived here in a general compartment of Gorakhpur-Okha express last night and were noticed by the RPF patrol team in suspicious condition in Kankariya railway yard.
They were caught with two bags containing 9 packets of Kashmiri Charas weighing around 9 kgs worth about Rs one crore in the international market.
Gandhi said that during interrogation they revealed that they were only carriers of the Charas which was to be delivered to someone in Ahmedabad.
Gandhi also added that now with seizure of Kashmir Charas from a train from UP indicates that the Kashmiri Charas racket was perhaps using a new route.
- Chemists and drugists to observe strike on September 28 over concerns regarding online sale of medicines
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14