Swaminarayan sect to build Rs 2 crore grand Hanuman temple at Bhediya bet post of BSF near Indo-Pak borderMay 06, 2018
Bhuj: Bhuj Swaminarayan Sanstha, part of Ahmedabad’s Kalupur based Swaminarayan Mandir will build Rs 2 crore grand temple and hall right near the Indo – Pak border at Bhediya bet in Rann of Kutch.
Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today performed Shila poojan for this temple project.
Post 1971 Indo – Pak war, a murti of Lord Hanuman was shifted from near Jat Talai chowki in Pakistan to Bhediya bet in Kutch. Border Security Force(BSF) jawans worship Lord Hanuman at small Bhediya bet temple which is full of bells hanged all over.
Recently priests from Swaminarayan faith visited the place and decided to convert a small temple into grand one and also build a hall. With permission of Gujarat cadre IPS Ajay Tomar who is IG of BSF, the project was finalized.
Speaking in a function held in presence of the Chief Minister, Swaminarayan Sanstha, Bhuj’s Acharya Rajendraprasadji Maharaj said, ‘It is sort of pilgrimage for us to visit the jawans who protect the country. Swaminarayan faith is committed to patriotic values. Hanumanji is our kuldevta.’
Mahant Swami Dharmanandan Lalji Maharaj said the sect will also build a big hall and provide all assistance to BSF jawans through donors.
- 22 year old Muslim woman in Gujarat files complaint against husband over triple talaq
- 3 including woman organizer of fair in which deadly joy-ride accident took place , nabbed
- 16 single platform stations in Gujarat to get second platform soon
- Vibrant Gujarat StartUp and Technology Summit from October 11 to 13, 2018; upto Rs 3 crore prizes in offering for startups, innovators
- 48.40 lakh MSMEs registered in last 3 years: 4.86 lakh in Gujarat: MoS MSME replies RS MP Parimal Nathwani
- Storage position of dams from across Gujarat as on 8.00 am today