Want to strengthen ACB on the lines of CBI, corruption in plan approvals to end with system going online from tomorrow: RupaniMay 06, 2018
Gandhidham: Reiterating his government’s willingness to fight corruption, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, speaking at Gandhidham in Kutch today said, from Monday all municipalities, authorities, corporations will give approval to commercial, residential, industrial plan approvals online. If plans are as per the common GDCR, it will get approval, if not, it will be rejected. The State government has decided to fight corruption for which laws and system are being changed.
‘Earlier, I know, money would be sought for plan approval. In some cases, approval would not be granted even for period as long as two years. But the state government has now decided to fight corruption. It is believed that power corrupts, but we are going to control the power by linking the system to modern technology, ‘ Rupani said speaking at Gandhidham in Kutch.
The Chief Minister said, his government wants to strengthen the Anti Corruption Bureau(ACB) like Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI). He said ACB will be given CBI type facilities. There needs to be a fear of ACB.
Rupani also gave example of recruitment of 16,000 policemen last year in Gujarat. Such a huge number of cops were never recruited in the past in police force but not a single plea was filed against the recruitment process. Suitable candidates had no need to approach any politicians to get the job. Devices were fit on their body while running and even while swimming during the recruitment tests.
Rupani said his government decided to go for E-challan by installing CCTV cameras and control rooms in 8 municipal corporation areas of the State so that no traffic constable would come into picture.
He said, ‘rules are yet not formed but one who fails to pay 5 E-challans would face suspension of driving license and even his vehicle would be seized’.
- Foreign Trade Development Officer caught red handed taking bribe from exporter for correction in foreign trade license from exporter in Gujarat
- Rajkot has got the Gujarat AIIMS due to political heavyweights of the region including CM Rupani and LoP Dhanani: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel
- Cold wave in parts of Gujarat, Met issues warning for tomorrow as well
- Jaxay Shah appointed chairman of Assocham Gujarat chapter
- Three companies sign MoUs with Gujarat govt for Rs. 3,710 crore investment in expansion and new projects
- PM's visit to Statue of Unity; visitors advised to arrive post 11 am on December 21st