Bharuch Muslim delegation meets Governor, seeking Muslim University and removal of Shias and Khoja from Wakf BoardMay 10, 2018
Bharuch: A group of Muslims from Bharuch district called on the Governor in capital Gandhinagar and demanded Muslim University in Bharuch.
Operators of Bharuch based Saiyed Zain Dada Bava Durgah and Masjid Trust demanded Muslim University to offer Urdu, Arbi, Farsi language education.
The delegation also demanded removal of Shia and Khoja community members from Wakf Committee. The delegation in its memorandum submitted to Governor pointed out that out of ten members of Wakf Committee, two were Shia Muslim while one was Khoja Muslim.There were not even 15% trusts belonging to Shia registered with Wakf Board, and therefore there should be no place for Shia and Khoja member in Wakf committee.
- ACB nabs Income Tax Inspector and RFO in two traps in North and South Gujarat
- Modi, Hasina to address Visva Bharati convocation
- Taking suo moto cognizance of Shapar-Veraval incident NHRC seeks report from Gujarat govt.
- Heat-waves make comeback in parts of Gujarat, Maximum temperatures likely to remain in the range of 41-45°C in next 2 days
- Amit Shah shares details of Narendra Modi government's four-year achievements in rural development sector
- Aviation Ministry proposes no cancellation fee on flight tickets cancelled within 24 hours of booking