L&T manufactures Hiwitzers guns at its Hazira facility in GujaratMay 13, 2018
Surat: The Indian Express reports, Larsen & Toubro Limited’s (L&T) defense manufacturing facility at Hazira in Gujarat has manufactured artillery guns L9 Vajra – T that are 155 mm/52 caliber Howitzers. The gun, a variant of K9 Thunder, currently used by the South Korean army is being manufactured with the help of South Korean Hanwha Techwin (earlier Samsung) as technology partner under the “Buy global” programme for which Rs 4,600 crore deal was inked by Defense Ministry last year for supply of 100 guns in 42 months. The guns are in final trials at test-track facility at Hazira and ready for delivery in next one month. Hazira plant of L&T also makes interceptor boats.
- Poll campaign in Gujarat ends, PM Modi, Shah remained present in home-state on last day, polling on April 23
- Hardik's sex CD was real, he used quota agitation for his benefit: former aide Dilip Sabwa
- It’s Time to Stand up With the Judiciary: A note by Arun Jaitley
- Either me or the terrorists would survive, I don't care for my chair: PM Modi in Gujarat
- Bless me so that no one could taunt at me taking Gujarat's name on counting day: PM Modi
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's last campaign rally in Gujarat for Lok Sabha elections 2019 at Patan