L&T manufactures Hiwitzers guns at its Hazira facility in GujaratMay 13, 2018
Surat: The Indian Express reports, Larsen & Toubro Limited’s (L&T) defense manufacturing facility at Hazira in Gujarat has manufactured artillery guns L9 Vajra – T that are 155 mm/52 caliber Howitzers. The gun, a variant of K9 Thunder, currently used by the South Korean army is being manufactured with the help of South Korean Hanwha Techwin (earlier Samsung) as technology partner under the “Buy global” programme for which Rs 4,600 crore deal was inked by Defense Ministry last year for supply of 100 guns in 42 months. The guns are in final trials at test-track facility at Hazira and ready for delivery in next one month. Hazira plant of L&T also makes interceptor boats.
- Live: People paying final respect to Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Two arrested in Surat for flying drone to capture Tiranga rally visuals
- Monsoon in action in Gujarat again, heavy to very heavy rain at several places including Ahmedabad city
- In pictures: Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Gujarat
- Keshubhai remembers Atalji's invaluable contribution in Narmada project
- School, colleges, university, govt, semi govt, local body offices to remain shut on Friday