Changes in union cabinetMay 14, 2018
New Delhi: The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed reallocation of portfolios amongst the members of the union council of ministers:-
-During the period of indisposition of Arun Jaitley, his portfolios of minister of finance and corporate affairs are temporarily assigned to Piyush Goyal in addition to Goyal’s existing portfolios. It should be mentioned that after month-long dialyses, Jaitley today underwent renal transplant. He will need rest till complete recovery.
– Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has been assigned independent charge as minister of state Information and Broadcasting replacing Smriti Irani.
– SS Ahluwalia is relieved of the charge of ministry of drinking water and sanitation and assigned the portfolio of minister of state electronics and information technology.
– Alphons Kannanthanam, minister of state is relieved of the charge of electronics and information technology.
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 inaugural session from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
- Foreign president, Prime Ministers arrive in Gujarat for Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- Mukesh Ambani led RIL becomes first Indian private company to post Rs 10,000 crore quarterly profit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi opens 12-day Amdavad Shopping Festival
- ACB nabs Joint General Manager of Surat Airport taking bribe from contractor
- Mansukh Mandaviya undertakes PadYatra on 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi