Changes in union cabinetMay 14, 2018
New Delhi: The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed reallocation of portfolios amongst the members of the union council of ministers:-
-During the period of indisposition of Arun Jaitley, his portfolios of minister of finance and corporate affairs are temporarily assigned to Piyush Goyal in addition to Goyal’s existing portfolios. It should be mentioned that after month-long dialyses, Jaitley today underwent renal transplant. He will need rest till complete recovery.
– Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has been assigned independent charge as minister of state Information and Broadcasting replacing Smriti Irani.
– SS Ahluwalia is relieved of the charge of ministry of drinking water and sanitation and assigned the portfolio of minister of state electronics and information technology.
– Alphons Kannanthanam, minister of state is relieved of the charge of electronics and information technology.
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL