Changes in union cabinetMay 14, 2018
New Delhi: The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed reallocation of portfolios amongst the members of the union council of ministers:-
-During the period of indisposition of Arun Jaitley, his portfolios of minister of finance and corporate affairs are temporarily assigned to Piyush Goyal in addition to Goyal’s existing portfolios. It should be mentioned that after month-long dialyses, Jaitley today underwent renal transplant. He will need rest till complete recovery.
– Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has been assigned independent charge as minister of state Information and Broadcasting replacing Smriti Irani.
– SS Ahluwalia is relieved of the charge of ministry of drinking water and sanitation and assigned the portfolio of minister of state electronics and information technology.
– Alphons Kannanthanam, minister of state is relieved of the charge of electronics and information technology.
- Voter turnout in Gujarat Lok Sabha elections highest ever at estimated 63.68%; final figure is awaited
- Power of voter ID many times more than weapon of terrorists IED: PM Modi after casting vote
- Live: Gujarat votes for all 26 seats of Lok Sabha
- Alpesh Thakor in Facebook Live appeals Thakors to vote against Congress candidates
- For Congress campaign in Vadodara, actress Amisha Patel praises Gujarat development; BJP candidate posts video
- Modi, Shah, Advani, Jaitley, Rupani, Governors of two states in Gujarat to cast vote