Changes in union cabinetMay 14, 2018
New Delhi: The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed reallocation of portfolios amongst the members of the union council of ministers:-
-During the period of indisposition of Arun Jaitley, his portfolios of minister of finance and corporate affairs are temporarily assigned to Piyush Goyal in addition to Goyal’s existing portfolios. It should be mentioned that after month-long dialyses, Jaitley today underwent renal transplant. He will need rest till complete recovery.
– Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has been assigned independent charge as minister of state Information and Broadcasting replacing Smriti Irani.
– SS Ahluwalia is relieved of the charge of ministry of drinking water and sanitation and assigned the portfolio of minister of state electronics and information technology.
– Alphons Kannanthanam, minister of state is relieved of the charge of electronics and information technology.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested