Summon Tharoor as accused for subjecting wife to cruelty, abetment to her suicide: Delhi Police charge sheetMay 14, 2018
New Delhi: The Delhi Police today filed around 3,000 page charge sheet in a court here accusing Congress leader Shashi Tharoor of abetting the suicide of his wife Sunanda Pushkar. The police in its charge sheet, also alleged that Tharoor had subjected his wife to cruelty.Tharoor is the only person who has been arrayed as an accused in the case. The Congress leader has been charged under sections 498 A (husband or his relative subjecting a woman to cruelty) and 306 (abetment of suicide) of the Indian Penal Code. The police also urged the court to summon Tharoor as an accused.
The charge sheet, which includes several annexures, said that Pushkar died within three years, three months and 15 days of her marriage with Tharoor, who is the Lok Sabha MP from Thiruvananthapuram.
The police filed the charge sheet in the mysterious death of Pushkar before Metropolitan Magistrate Dharmendra Singh, who will consider it on May 24. Pushkar was found dead in a luxury hotel room on the night of January 17, 2014.The couple had entered into wedlock on August 22, 2010. Pushkar was found dead in the suite of the South Delhi hotel on January 17, 2014. The suite was sealed that night itself for investigation. An FIR was registered by Delhi Police on January 1, 2015 against unknown persons under IPC section 302 (murder).
- Over 6 lakh complete Lili parikrama even before formal start, 6 die of heart attack so far
- Congress declares incharge for each of 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat
- Rupani reviews scarcity situation in Kutch
- ACB nabs Deputy Director of ESIC office taking bribe for issuing certificate to factory owner
- New jumbo State organisation body of Gujarat Congress announced
- Will study Maratha reservation report: Gujarat CM