Chief Minister chairs meeting to launch drive to finalise 425 TP SchemesMay 15, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani presided over a high-level urgent meeting at Gandhinagar to launch a special drive to expeditiously finalise 425 Town Planning (TP) Schemes and simplify complicated procedures.
As Chief Minister with Urban Development portfolio, Rupani directed the Municipal Corporations, Urban Development Authorities and Area Development Authorities to ensure time-bound settlement of objections under TP Act.
With fast urbanization, the meeting decided to complete recruitment of 70 Junior Town Planners and immediate posting of 20 Junior Town Planners. It also decided to appoint Senior Town Planners in Municipal Corporations like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot, empowering them to take quick decisions, and convert the Regional Offices at Ahmedabad, Vadodadra, Rajkot and Mehsana into State offices.
Those present at the meeting included Urban Development Principal Secretary Mukesh Puri, Chief Minister’s Principal Secretary M.K. Das, Chief Town Planner and senior officers of Urban Development Department.
- Keshubhai remembers Atalji's invaluable contribution in Narmada project
- School, colleges, university, govt, semi govt, local body offices to remain shut on Friday
- 4th Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project launched at Kalupur
- Trough caused up to South Gujarat will cause some good rainfall tomorrow and day after
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away
- Rupani postpones scheduled programmes, flies to Delhi to visit AIIMS