Chief Minister chairs meeting to launch drive to finalise 425 TP SchemesMay 15, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani presided over a high-level urgent meeting at Gandhinagar to launch a special drive to expeditiously finalise 425 Town Planning (TP) Schemes and simplify complicated procedures.
As Chief Minister with Urban Development portfolio, Rupani directed the Municipal Corporations, Urban Development Authorities and Area Development Authorities to ensure time-bound settlement of objections under TP Act.
With fast urbanization, the meeting decided to complete recruitment of 70 Junior Town Planners and immediate posting of 20 Junior Town Planners. It also decided to appoint Senior Town Planners in Municipal Corporations like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot, empowering them to take quick decisions, and convert the Regional Offices at Ahmedabad, Vadodadra, Rajkot and Mehsana into State offices.
Those present at the meeting included Urban Development Principal Secretary Mukesh Puri, Chief Minister’s Principal Secretary M.K. Das, Chief Town Planner and senior officers of Urban Development Department.
- ACB nabs Income Tax Inspector and RFO in two traps in North and South Gujarat
- Modi, Hasina to address Visva Bharati convocation
- Taking suo moto cognizance of Shapar-Veraval incident NHRC seeks report from Gujarat govt.
- Heat-waves make comeback in parts of Gujarat, Maximum temperatures likely to remain in the range of 41-45°C in next 2 days
- Amit Shah shares details of Narendra Modi government's four-year achievements in rural development sector
- Aviation Ministry proposes no cancellation fee on flight tickets cancelled within 24 hours of booking