BS Yeddyurappa to take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.00 am at Raj Bhavan in BengaluruMay 16, 2018
Bengaluru: S Sureshkumar, BJP MLA from Rajajinagar assembly constituency and spokesperson of party’s Karnataka unit who is also former Law minister today through his tweet in Kannada informed that party’s Chief Ministerial candidate and leader of legislative party BS Yeddyurappa will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.30 am in Raj Bhavan. Suresh Kumar asked to join in the occasion in large number. This after Governor Vajubhai Vala decided to invite the single largest party to form the government and prove majority on the floor of assembly house. Vala reportedly held deliberation with legal and constitutional experts including with former Attorney General Mukul Rohtagi.
Sureshkumar deleted his tweet, but minutes after that, the official twitter handle of Karnataka BJP tweeted the time of swearing in as 9.00 am.
The moment that crores of Kannadigas are awaiting is here.
Sri @BSYBJP will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka tomorrow morning at 9.00 AM at Raj Bhavan.
The movement to build our Suvarna Karnataka has started. #CMBSY
— BJP Karnataka (@BJP4Karnataka) May 16, 2018
Meanwhile the Governor’s letter of invitation to Yeddyurappa to take oath and form government was also released. BSY has got 15-day period to prove majority on the floor of assembly.
- ACB nabs Income Tax Inspector and RFO in two traps in North and South Gujarat
- Modi, Hasina to address Visva Bharati convocation
- Taking suo moto cognizance of Shapar-Veraval incident NHRC seeks report from Gujarat govt.
- Heat-waves make comeback in parts of Gujarat, Maximum temperatures likely to remain in the range of 41-45°C in next 2 days
- Amit Shah shares details of Narendra Modi government's four-year achievements in rural development sector
- Aviation Ministry proposes no cancellation fee on flight tickets cancelled within 24 hours of booking