BS Yeddyurappa to take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.00 am at Raj Bhavan in BengaluruMay 16, 2018
Bengaluru: S Sureshkumar, BJP MLA from Rajajinagar assembly constituency and spokesperson of party’s Karnataka unit who is also former Law minister today through his tweet in Kannada informed that party’s Chief Ministerial candidate and leader of legislative party BS Yeddyurappa will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.30 am in Raj Bhavan. Suresh Kumar asked to join in the occasion in large number. This after Governor Vajubhai Vala decided to invite the single largest party to form the government and prove majority on the floor of assembly house. Vala reportedly held deliberation with legal and constitutional experts including with former Attorney General Mukul Rohtagi.
Sureshkumar deleted his tweet, but minutes after that, the official twitter handle of Karnataka BJP tweeted the time of swearing in as 9.00 am.
The moment that crores of Kannadigas are awaiting is here.
Sri @BSYBJP will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka tomorrow morning at 9.00 AM at Raj Bhavan.
The movement to build our Suvarna Karnataka has started. #CMBSY
— BJP Karnataka (@BJP4Karnataka) May 16, 2018
Meanwhile the Governor’s letter of invitation to Yeddyurappa to take oath and form government was also released. BSY has got 15-day period to prove majority on the floor of assembly.
- Senior leaders are sidelined and neglected, I have sought time to meet Rahul Gandhi next week: Kunvarji Bavalia
- Court in Gujarat awards 10 years jail term to 2 including Talati for taking Rs 200 bribe
- RTO drive against fancy noisy modified silencers of bikes in Surat
- Centre issues gazette notification for immigration check posts at Surat airport
- Rupani to launch Shala Praveshotsav-2018 for urban areas on Friday from Gandhinagar
- Monsoon likely to set foot in Gujarat next week