BS Yeddyurappa to take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.00 am at Raj Bhavan in BengaluruMay 16, 2018
Bengaluru: S Sureshkumar, BJP MLA from Rajajinagar assembly constituency and spokesperson of party’s Karnataka unit who is also former Law minister today through his tweet in Kannada informed that party’s Chief Ministerial candidate and leader of legislative party BS Yeddyurappa will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.30 am in Raj Bhavan. Suresh Kumar asked to join in the occasion in large number. This after Governor Vajubhai Vala decided to invite the single largest party to form the government and prove majority on the floor of assembly house. Vala reportedly held deliberation with legal and constitutional experts including with former Attorney General Mukul Rohtagi.
Sureshkumar deleted his tweet, but minutes after that, the official twitter handle of Karnataka BJP tweeted the time of swearing in as 9.00 am.
The moment that crores of Kannadigas are awaiting is here.
Sri @BSYBJP will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka tomorrow morning at 9.00 AM at Raj Bhavan.
The movement to build our Suvarna Karnataka has started. #CMBSY
— BJP Karnataka (@BJP4Karnataka) May 16, 2018
Meanwhile the Governor’s letter of invitation to Yeddyurappa to take oath and form government was also released. BSY has got 15-day period to prove majority on the floor of assembly.
- Central Govt to open Rs 100 crore Tribal Museum at Rajpipla, says Gujarat CM while opening Adi Mahotsav
- I move around alone till 12 at night, those who dream to kill me should come: Alpesh Thakor's video goes viral
- Saurashtra School parcel bomb case culprit held, had earlier killed two with bomb
- Fake notes of 200, 500 and 2000 of face value of over 17 lakhs recovered in central Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Anil Ambani's Reliance sues NDTV for Rs 10,000 Crores for Rafale report in Ahmedabad court, hearing likely on Oct 26
- MoS Parbat Patel falls on stage, no injury, video-photos go viral