BS Yeddyurappa to take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.00 am at Raj Bhavan in BengaluruMay 16, 2018
Bengaluru: S Sureshkumar, BJP MLA from Rajajinagar assembly constituency and spokesperson of party’s Karnataka unit who is also former Law minister today through his tweet in Kannada informed that party’s Chief Ministerial candidate and leader of legislative party BS Yeddyurappa will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka at 9.30 am in Raj Bhavan. Suresh Kumar asked to join in the occasion in large number. This after Governor Vajubhai Vala decided to invite the single largest party to form the government and prove majority on the floor of assembly house. Vala reportedly held deliberation with legal and constitutional experts including with former Attorney General Mukul Rohtagi.
Sureshkumar deleted his tweet, but minutes after that, the official twitter handle of Karnataka BJP tweeted the time of swearing in as 9.00 am.
The moment that crores of Kannadigas are awaiting is here.
Sri @BSYBJP will take oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka tomorrow morning at 9.00 AM at Raj Bhavan.
The movement to build our Suvarna Karnataka has started. #CMBSY
— BJP Karnataka (@BJP4Karnataka) May 16, 2018
Meanwhile the Governor’s letter of invitation to Yeddyurappa to take oath and form government was also released. BSY has got 15-day period to prove majority on the floor of assembly.
- BJP declares first list of Lok Sabha candidates 2019; Modi to contest from Varanasi again
- Amit Shah to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat
- Huge embarrassment for Hardik Patel; Youths chant Modi Modi before he could speak in a function at Jamnagar
- Trailer of upcoming Hindi film PM Narendra Modi released
- Swami Aseemanand, other accused acquitted in Samjhauta Express blast case
- PM Modi interacts with Chowkidars through audio bridge