E-rickshaws at Surat railway station remains non-operational due to protest by CooliesMay 17, 2018
Surat: Railway Board has allotted three e-rickshaws for Surat railway station to serve the passengers, however due to protests by coolies, the rickshaws are lying idle.
In response to appeal made by coolies, local Lok Sabha MP of BJP CR Patil has asked Divisional Railway Manager to utilize e-rickshaws for passengers only.
Coolies who carry luggage fear that e-rickshaws will snatch away their earning. They have threatened not to allow operation of e-rickshaws if they are used to carry luggage.
Director of Surat railway station CR Garuda has directed Railway Protection Force(RPF) ACP Rakesh Pande to deploy one Assistant Sub Inspector and two constables to protect the e-rickshaws.
The contract to operate e-rickshaws has been awarded to private party. However private contractor has made it clear that he would not operate e-rickshaws without proper protection.
A meeting between contractor of e-rickshaws and coolie in presence of station director failed to bring any result on this issue.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel