Sagar Cyclone in middle east: Gujarat ports put up Signal 2 alertMay 17, 2018
Ahmedabad: Deep depression in the Gulf of Aden just off the coast of Yemen has intensified into a cyclonic storm. Indian Meteorological Department today named and upgraded ARB 02 (or 01A) to Cyclonic Storm Sagar, which is becoming the first storm of the North Indian cyclone season and the furthest west formation of a cyclonic storm in the North Indian on record. IMD has confirmed that Sagar will move initially westwards.
Meanwhile, the ports on Gujarat coast are now having signal-2 alert. Signal – 2 is a warning for ships leaving the port due to depression formed far at sea with surface winds upto 34-47 knots (about 60-90 kmph).
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area