Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGnMay 20, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Government’s Science & Technology Department’s Gujarat Centre of Excellence, NASSCOM and IIT-Gandhinagar (IIT-Gn) signed a MoU to set up a Centre of Excellence for Internet of Things (IoT) at IIT-Gn at a function at Gandhinagar in presence of Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rupani said that setting up centre is a matter of proud for Gujarat. He said that such centres of excellence for internet of things are there in developed countries which would be available in Gujarat as well, augmenting latter’s competitiveness.
This is one of the five such centres being set up by Government of India in the country. The objective is to encourage innovation in startups being set up by young entrepreneurs in the field of agriculture, health, production, etc under the guidance of experts from NASSCOM and IIT-Gn in the midst of highly advanced infrastructure facilities available at the two institutions.
The plan is to set up a unique platform to design digital solutions for Industries 4.0 for wide range of beneficiaries from industry to education, helping entrepreneur interact with companies’ policy makers in league with top brass of the industry and the government for technological intervention and IoT use cases in real life.
Those present on the occasion included NASSCOM President Debjani Ghosh, Gujarat Government’s Science & Technology Secretary Dhanajay Trivedi, Chief Minister’s Secretary Ashwini Kumar and senior officers.
- CM reviews last stage preparations made for dedication of ‘Statue of Unity’ to people
- In 5 years India not only would surpass China in population but also leave it behind to become 'diabetic capital' of world: Padma Shri Daibetologist Dr V Mohan in Gujarat
- Gohil adamant about filing criminal case and defamation suit against CM Rupani if he doesn't tender apology
- PM to visit Shirdi, Maharashtra for Saibaba Sansthan Trust event
- Mahendrasinh Vaghela confirms his resignation from BJP, says he would issue detailed statement on his return to Gujarat
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground