Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGnMay 20, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Government’s Science & Technology Department’s Gujarat Centre of Excellence, NASSCOM and IIT-Gandhinagar (IIT-Gn) signed a MoU to set up a Centre of Excellence for Internet of Things (IoT) at IIT-Gn at a function at Gandhinagar in presence of Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rupani said that setting up centre is a matter of proud for Gujarat. He said that such centres of excellence for internet of things are there in developed countries which would be available in Gujarat as well, augmenting latter’s competitiveness.
This is one of the five such centres being set up by Government of India in the country. The objective is to encourage innovation in startups being set up by young entrepreneurs in the field of agriculture, health, production, etc under the guidance of experts from NASSCOM and IIT-Gn in the midst of highly advanced infrastructure facilities available at the two institutions.
The plan is to set up a unique platform to design digital solutions for Industries 4.0 for wide range of beneficiaries from industry to education, helping entrepreneur interact with companies’ policy makers in league with top brass of the industry and the government for technological intervention and IoT use cases in real life.
Those present on the occasion included NASSCOM President Debjani Ghosh, Gujarat Government’s Science & Technology Secretary Dhanajay Trivedi, Chief Minister’s Secretary Ashwini Kumar and senior officers.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel