Go Air to start first Ahmedabad – Chandigarh non-stop flight service from 1st JuneMay 30, 2018
Ahmedabad: Private airline Go Air will launch a new flight connecting Ahmedabad directly to Chandigarh from 1st June 1018. The flight G8 911 will take 1.45 hour time to travel between two cities. This will make journey between Gujarat and Punjab and also Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh faster and smoother. There will be no need anymore to travel to Chandigarh via Delhi.
One-way economy class ticket fare will be on the lower side at around Rs 3100(depends on date of travel). The flight will not operate on Sundays. The flight will leave Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport at 10.30 am and reach Chandigarh at 12.15 pm. On return journey, the flight G8 913 will leave Chandigarh airport at 3.55 pm and reach Ahmedabad at 5.30 pm after 1.35 hour journey. Even in return journey, the service is not available on Sundays.
This will be first non-stop flight between two cities. At present only connecting flights option is available to travel between these two cities.
It should be mentioned here that new airport of Chandigarh is scheduled to reopen on 1st June after 20-day closure. From 4 June onward, Shimla flight will be available from Chandigarh airport. Shimla is one of favorite summer destinations for Gujarati tourists.
- Naroda Patiya case: Gujarat HC gives 10 years jail term to 3 accused, fine also imposed
- Gujarat HC upheld state govt's domicile related rules for admission in UG medical courses
- Gujarat ATS SP meets BJP President Amit Shah
- Heavy rain in Valsad and Umargam; trains on Surat - Mumbai route moving slower, road traffic impacted
- Reliance Jewels launches premium flagship showroom in Ahmedabad
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park