LoP Dhanani in letter to CM Rupani demands special session of AssemblyJune 02, 2018
Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani today wrote a letter to CM Vijay Rupani asking him to convene a special session of Gujarat Assembly to discuss various issues.
Dhanani in his letter has said that the BJP government in Gujarat has failed to fulfill its promises to people before the last year’s assembly polls in the state.
In his 12 point letter to the CM he has raised issue like withdrawal of cases against Patidar quota stir agitators and police atrocity on the women of Patidar community and said oppression of agitators.
He has also raised issues like failure in implementation of fee regulation act and exorbitant fees in private schools, water scarcity and Narmada dam, crop insurance, foul-play in purchase of ground-nut and fires in go-downs, loan-waiver of farmers, alleged investment of thousands of crores of black money in Bitcoin during demonetization, Dalit atrocity, historic price-hike of Petrol-diesel and cooking gas .
Dhanani has said that the special assembly session was necessary to discuss all these issues and also the issue like declaring Narmada scheme as a national scheme, re-naming Ahmedabad as Karnavati, starting a new AIIMS in Gujarat, bringing the head-quarters of Western Railway to Ahmedabad, converting all the government hospitals in to medical colleges, Kalpsar scheme implementation, Dholera SIR and its airport.
- Actress Rita Bhaduri passes away
- Rupani canceles Gir Somnath visit as helicopter unable to land due to bad weather
- Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad 'charges a patient unfairly'; video goes viral
- Gujarat govt announces transfers of over 30 IPS officers; Rajkot, Vadodara get new Police Commissioner
- Opportunity to join Civil Service: GPSC invites applications for 294 Class I and II posts
- Saudi Airlines plane going to Dhaka from Riyadh make emergency landing in Ahmedabad