A giant Charkha to be installed at Sabarmati RiverfrontJune 07, 2018
Ahmedabad: On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a giant steel made Charkha installation will be put up on the bank of River Sabarati across the Gandhi Ashram. The task of installation of charkha has been assigned to Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC). After permission to Charkha installation received from Sabarati Riverfront Development Corporation, the construction of 4 ft high base platform made of granite at Riverfront park gate number 3 has been started. The chromium – stainless steel made charkha installation will be corrosion proof, non – magnetic and heat proof. The charkha installation will have 2.2 tonne weight, 11 ft height, 22 ft length and 6.5 ft width.
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda