A giant Charkha to be installed at Sabarmati RiverfrontJune 07, 2018
Ahmedabad: On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a giant steel made Charkha installation will be put up on the bank of River Sabarati across the Gandhi Ashram. The task of installation of charkha has been assigned to Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC). After permission to Charkha installation received from Sabarati Riverfront Development Corporation, the construction of 4 ft high base platform made of granite at Riverfront park gate number 3 has been started. The chromium – stainless steel made charkha installation will be corrosion proof, non – magnetic and heat proof. The charkha installation will have 2.2 tonne weight, 11 ft height, 22 ft length and 6.5 ft width.
- Naroda Patiya case: Gujarat HC gives 10 years jail term to 3 accused, fine also imposed
- Gujarat HC upheld state govt's domicile related rules for admission in UG medical courses
- Gujarat ATS SP meets BJP President Amit Shah
- Heavy rain in Valsad and Umargam; trains on Surat - Mumbai route moving slower, road traffic impacted
- Reliance Jewels launches premium flagship showroom in Ahmedabad
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park