A giant Charkha to be installed at Sabarmati RiverfrontJune 07, 2018
Ahmedabad: On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a giant steel made Charkha installation will be put up on the bank of River Sabarati across the Gandhi Ashram. The task of installation of charkha has been assigned to Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC). After permission to Charkha installation received from Sabarati Riverfront Development Corporation, the construction of 4 ft high base platform made of granite at Riverfront park gate number 3 has been started. The chromium – stainless steel made charkha installation will be corrosion proof, non – magnetic and heat proof. The charkha installation will have 2.2 tonne weight, 11 ft height, 22 ft length and 6.5 ft width.
- VAYU no more a cyclone, it will in capacity of well marked low pressure area bring rain to Kutch - Saurashtra - North Gujarat
- Airtel says its 4G network now covers 15,000 towns and villages across Gujarat
- Doctors in Gujarat join nationwide strike call over attacks in West Bengal: OPDs affected
- Amit Shah to visit Gujarat on July 3 - 4
- India wins World Cup ODI against Pakistan
- Opening session of 17th Lok Sabha today