I did not expect this from Pranab da: Ahmed Patel on Pranab visiting RSS headquartersJune 07, 2018
New Delhi: Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP Ahmed Patel joined the bandwagon of Congress leaders opposing former president Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to RSS headquarters in Nagpur.
Terming her father’s decision to join the RSS function and deliver speech there a mistake, Pranb’s daughter Sharmishta Mukherjee who is also Congress leader yesterday said Pranab’s speech at RSS function will be forgotten but visuals will remain.
I did not expect this from Pranab da ! https://t.co/VBqXZ8x7SE
— Ahmed Patel (@ahmedpatel) June 6, 2018
Hope @CitiznMukherjee now realises from todays’ incident, how BJP dirty tricks dept operates. Even RSS wouldn’t believe that u r going 2 endorse its views in ur speech. But the speech will be forgotten, visuals will remain & those will be circulated with fake statements. 1/2
— Sharmistha Mukherjee (@Sharmistha_GK) June 6, 2018
“Whatever I have to say, I will say in Nagpur. I have received several letters, requests, and phone calls, but I haven’t responded to anyone yet,” the former president had told a Bengali daily.
While former finance minister P Chidambaram urged Mukherjee to tell the RSS what was wrong with their ideology, Jairam Ramesh requested the former president to not attend the event.
- Has State govt nod for prosecution of Vanzara and Amin in Ishrat case: CBI to court
- Pharmac 2018 to be held in Ahmedabad from Oct 25 to 27
- Man held from Bihar for rape and murder of 3 and a half year old girl brought back to Surat
- Talati strike in Gujarat hit related work in gram panchayats, teachers assigned job temporarily
- Video of controversial SP Swami, kicking old aged devotee goes viral
- Boating facility to be developed for tourists visiting Statue of Unity