Mahant of temple in Rajkot, who was accused of rape and jailed, commits suicideJune 07, 2018
A 73 year old Mahant (Chief Priest) of a temple here, who was made accused of rape with a 30 year old woman around two and a half years ago and was also jailed in this connection today committed suicide.
Police said that Magandas Mohandas Nimawat, mahant of Jokiya Hanuman temple behind Raiyadhar hanged himself in his residence in the temple premises.
He was on bail in the rape case which was lodged in December 2015. His son Dinesh M Nimawat claimed that his father has left a suicide note in which he has claimed that he was implicated in the rape case and the accused and her husband were demanding Rs 25 lakh for resolution.
Police, however, said that a brief suicide note has been found but it was not readable.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat