Inhuman attitude of Pakistan; family of Gujarati fisherman informed about his death in Karachi prison after over 3 months; that too through co-prisonerJune 11, 2018
The information about death of a 55 year old fisherman from Gujarat in a Pakistani jail over 3 months back reached his family members in Kotada village of Gir-Somnath district today only and that too through a letter of a co-prisoner.
Fisherman Devaram Baraiya was nabbed by the Pakistan Marine Security Agency from near the International Maritime Boarder Line in the Arabian see off Jakhau coast on February 2. He was kept in a prison in Karachi where his condition deteriorated and he died on March 4. But the jail authorities did not bother to intimate it to his family till now.
Sarpanch of Kotada village Babu Soma today said that the information about his death reached the family and the village today only. ‘We got to know about his death through a letter written by co-prisoner Pravin Dhansukh Chavda in the name of the wife of the deceased fishermen Labhuben,; he said.
Soma said that it shows the inhuman attitude of Pakistan. ‘They did not bother to inform even the family about the death. The villagers were pained and angry,’ he added.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December