Court frames charges against Rahul Gandhi in criminal defamation case filed by RSS cadreJune 12, 2018
Mumbai: A magistrate court at Bhiwandi in Thane has framed charges against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in connection with a criminal defamation case filed by Rajesh Kunte of RSS. Charges are framed under section IPC 499 and 500.
Earlier in the morning, Rahul arrived at Mumbai Airport. He will be in Maharashtra for two days. The court had on May 2 asked him to appear before it today to record his plea in the defamation case filed by RSS worker Rajesh Kunte in 2014. Kunte had filed the case after watching Rahul Gandhi’s speech at an election rally in which he had claimed that the RSS was behind the killing of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Arun Jaitley explains why Rahul Gandhi’s minimum income guarantee scheme NYAY promise "is bluff"
- Five more nabbed for playing PUBG online game in Gujarat, so far more than 40 caught
- Most of congress candidates names for Gujarat likely to be announced by tomorrow evening: Amit Chavda
- GVFL & TiE Ahmedabad all set to organize ‘Venture Leap’
- Untimely heat-wave in parts of Gujarat, likely to continue tomorrow as well
- Induction of Chinook Helicopters in Indian Air Force