Court frames charges against Rahul Gandhi in criminal defamation case filed by RSS cadreJune 12, 2018
Mumbai: A magistrate court at Bhiwandi in Thane has framed charges against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in connection with a criminal defamation case filed by Rajesh Kunte of RSS. Charges are framed under section IPC 499 and 500.
Earlier in the morning, Rahul arrived at Mumbai Airport. He will be in Maharashtra for two days. The court had on May 2 asked him to appear before it today to record his plea in the defamation case filed by RSS worker Rajesh Kunte in 2014. Kunte had filed the case after watching Rahul Gandhi’s speech at an election rally in which he had claimed that the RSS was behind the killing of Mahatma Gandhi.
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground
- Dy CM Nitin Patel terms Gohil's ultimatum to CM a cheap publicity stunt
- RIL announces strategic investment in and partnership with Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
- 18,000 slokas of 12 Skandhs of Shrimad Bhagwat Shridhari Tika translated in Gujarati by Ahmedabad based author
- Indian Coast guard saves 2 fishing boats with 19 aboard from being caught by Pak marines off Gujarat coast
- Nakhatrana town observes bandh against BAMSEF propaganda against Hindu beliefs and Gods