Court frames charges against Rahul Gandhi in criminal defamation case filed by RSS cadreJune 12, 2018
Mumbai: A magistrate court at Bhiwandi in Thane has framed charges against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in connection with a criminal defamation case filed by Rajesh Kunte of RSS. Charges are framed under section IPC 499 and 500.
Earlier in the morning, Rahul arrived at Mumbai Airport. He will be in Maharashtra for two days. The court had on May 2 asked him to appear before it today to record his plea in the defamation case filed by RSS worker Rajesh Kunte in 2014. Kunte had filed the case after watching Rahul Gandhi’s speech at an election rally in which he had claimed that the RSS was behind the killing of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Chemists and drugists to observe strike on September 28 over concerns regarding online sale of medicines
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14