Court frames charges against Rahul Gandhi in criminal defamation case filed by RSS cadreJune 12, 2018
Mumbai: A magistrate court at Bhiwandi in Thane has framed charges against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in connection with a criminal defamation case filed by Rajesh Kunte of RSS. Charges are framed under section IPC 499 and 500.
Earlier in the morning, Rahul arrived at Mumbai Airport. He will be in Maharashtra for two days. The court had on May 2 asked him to appear before it today to record his plea in the defamation case filed by RSS worker Rajesh Kunte in 2014. Kunte had filed the case after watching Rahul Gandhi’s speech at an election rally in which he had claimed that the RSS was behind the killing of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Gujarat Govt briefing on Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show 2019 and Africa Day
- Gujarat govt likely to announce a bigger 'No-Non-Veg' zone around Somnath temple
- PM Narendra Modi to arrive in Gujarat on 3 day visit on Thursday
- Gujarat CM launches MSME website for young entrepreneurs
- Chief Minister of Andijan region of Uzbekistan meets Gujarat CM
- Congress candidate in RMC by-poll joins BJP; by-poll was necessitated as then Congress councillor joined BJP