News in brief from across GujaratJune 13, 2018
– Passengers of Singapore Airlines were upset as the flight didn’t take off at its scheduled time of 10.45 pm yesterday. The flight has not departed even in the afternoon today.
– Indian Coast Guard helicopter from Air Enclave in Porbandar rescued 7 crew members from a dangerously drifting vessel at sea. The boat was drifting due to power failure in extreme weather conditions off Gujarat coast.
– Morbi Ceramic Association has welcomed the Gujarat High Court verdict for closure of illegal gasifiers.
– Members of Charan community who are part of outfit called ‘Mogal Sena’ have filed FIR against three persons from left/Church-leaning and anti-Hindu Facebook Group called ‘Anpa Adda’ for hurting sentiments by posting comments about their Goddess on social media. FIR lhas been odged with cyber cell of Ahmedabad city crime branch. Those booked are Manish Bharatiya, Rahul Ravan and Saddam Malik. Members of ‘Apna Adda’ group frequently mention derogatory remarks against Hindu Gods. In this instance they had criticized Hindu Goddess Mogal. Among the places where Rajput and Charan communities marched in rally against such remarks were Rajkot and Bhuj.
– Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will launch the two-day annual school enrollment drive, Shala Praveshotsav-2018, from the remote Lambadiya village in Poshina taluka in Sabarkantha district on Thursday, June 14, 2018. Rupani will personally supervise 68 teens get admission in Class XI, 190 children in Class IX, 189 in primary school and 50 tiny tots in anganwadi in the village. As a special feature of the drive this year, Gujarat Government will encourage Class VIII pass students get admission in Class IX. All the Ministers, 58 heads of State Corporations and Boards and other party functionaries, besides 538 IAS, IPS and IFS, heads of various government departments
and other senior officers from the Secretariat will fan out all over the state for two days to supervise school enrollment in various districts. Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel will lead the drive in villages in Mehsana district. The drive will cover 32,780 primary schools, 1,123 government secondary schools and 5,157 grant-in-aid middle schools in the state. The school enrollment drive launched in 2002-2003 resulted in enrollment in the state’s primary schools reached 99.15 per cent success.
– According to a report in the Economic Times, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the 150th anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi at a first-of-its-kind International Sanitation Convention named after him, where ministers from over 70 countries will be invited and taken on a ‘Gandhi Trail’ in Gujarat. The function, named as ‘Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention’ will be held in Delhi from September 29 to October 2.
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL