Gujarat to become 1st state with 100% piped gas networkJune 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat that has already 84.31% of its area under the city gas distribution(CGD) network covering 87.37% of population will become the first Indian state to get completely covered under the piped gas distribution network after the ninth round of bidding which opened last month, Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Chairperson D K Sarraf said in Ahmedabad.With this, the country’s overall penetration will go up in terms of geographical areas, from existing 11 per cent to 24 per cent, covering 29 per cent population from existing 19 per cent, he said. The latest bidding round will cover 14 additional districts, 6 complete and 8 part under the CGD network, including Gir Somnath, Morbi, Mahisagar, Narmada, Kheda, Junagadh, and Tapi.
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL