Gujarat to become 1st state with 100% piped gas networkJune 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat that has already 84.31% of its area under the city gas distribution(CGD) network covering 87.37% of population will become the first Indian state to get completely covered under the piped gas distribution network after the ninth round of bidding which opened last month, Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Chairperson D K Sarraf said in Ahmedabad.With this, the country’s overall penetration will go up in terms of geographical areas, from existing 11 per cent to 24 per cent, covering 29 per cent population from existing 19 per cent, he said. The latest bidding round will cover 14 additional districts, 6 complete and 8 part under the CGD network, including Gir Somnath, Morbi, Mahisagar, Narmada, Kheda, Junagadh, and Tapi.
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'