Gujarat to become 1st state with 100% piped gas networkJune 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat that has already 84.31% of its area under the city gas distribution(CGD) network covering 87.37% of population will become the first Indian state to get completely covered under the piped gas distribution network after the ninth round of bidding which opened last month, Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Chairperson D K Sarraf said in Ahmedabad.With this, the country’s overall penetration will go up in terms of geographical areas, from existing 11 per cent to 24 per cent, covering 29 per cent population from existing 19 per cent, he said. The latest bidding round will cover 14 additional districts, 6 complete and 8 part under the CGD network, including Gir Somnath, Morbi, Mahisagar, Narmada, Kheda, Junagadh, and Tapi.
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest
- Gujarat govt. forms Transgender Welfare Board on direction of Supreme Court