New Mayors: Bijal Patel – Ahmedabad, Jagdish Patel – Surat, Manhar Mori – BhavnagarJune 14, 2018
Gandhinagar: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) has taken a decision on the names of office bearers of elected wing in municipal corporations.
Paldi Councillor Bijalben Patel will become new Mayor of Ahmedabad city. She will replace Gautam Shah whose two and half years term has ended. Dinesh Makwana will become new Deputy Mayor. Amul Bhatt has been chosen for the post of Chairman of Standing Committee. Former Mayor Amit Shah will be the leader of ruling party. Rajubhai Thakor has been chosen as whip.
Jagdish Patel will become a new Mayor of Surat with Nirav Shah as his Deputy and Anil Goplani as Chairman of Standing Committee. Girjashankar Mishra will be the leader of ruling party.
Manhar Mori has been chosen for the post of Mayor of Bhavnagar with Ashok Baraiya as Deputy. Yuvrajsinh Gohil will be the Chairman of Standing Committee. Paresh Pandya will become the leader of ruling party. Javlikaben Gondaliya will be the whip.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel