New Mayors: Bijal Patel – Ahmedabad, Jagdish Patel – Surat, Manhar Mori – BhavnagarJune 14, 2018
Gandhinagar: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) has taken a decision on the names of office bearers of elected wing in municipal corporations.
Paldi Councillor Bijalben Patel will become new Mayor of Ahmedabad city. She will replace Gautam Shah whose two and half years term has ended. Dinesh Makwana will become new Deputy Mayor. Amul Bhatt has been chosen for the post of Chairman of Standing Committee. Former Mayor Amit Shah will be the leader of ruling party. Rajubhai Thakor has been chosen as whip.
Jagdish Patel will become a new Mayor of Surat with Nirav Shah as his Deputy and Anil Goplani as Chairman of Standing Committee. Girjashankar Mishra will be the leader of ruling party.
Manhar Mori has been chosen for the post of Mayor of Bhavnagar with Ashok Baraiya as Deputy. Yuvrajsinh Gohil will be the Chairman of Standing Committee. Paresh Pandya will become the leader of ruling party. Javlikaben Gondaliya will be the whip.
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'