Centre issues gazette notification for immigration check posts at Surat airportJune 21, 2018
Surat: The government of India has issued gazette notification for setting up immigration check post at Surat airport. This will make it possible to operate international flight to and from Surat airport which presently serves only domestic flights.
According to a gazette notification under the passport entry into India rules 1950, the central government has designated Surat airport of Gujarat state as an authorized immigration check post for entry into exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers. The central government has appointed the Commissioner of Police, Surat, Gujarat as the ‘civil authority’ for the purpose of the said order for the immigration check post located at Surat airport in the jurisdiction of Gujarat with effect from 1st June.
With declaration of Customs airport status recently and nod to set up immigration check posts, Surat is all set to get the international flight.
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest