Centre issues gazette notification for immigration check posts at Surat airportJune 21, 2018
Surat: The government of India has issued gazette notification for setting up immigration check post at Surat airport. This will make it possible to operate international flight to and from Surat airport which presently serves only domestic flights.
According to a gazette notification under the passport entry into India rules 1950, the central government has designated Surat airport of Gujarat state as an authorized immigration check post for entry into exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers. The central government has appointed the Commissioner of Police, Surat, Gujarat as the ‘civil authority’ for the purpose of the said order for the immigration check post located at Surat airport in the jurisdiction of Gujarat with effect from 1st June.
With declaration of Customs airport status recently and nod to set up immigration check posts, Surat is all set to get the international flight.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat