Pilgrim town Ambaji may get bypass highwayJune 30, 2018
Ambaji: Pilgrim town Ambaji will get a bypass highway which will divert the traffic to and from Rajasthan to a bypass and make the pilgrim town free from traffic of trucks and other highway vehicles.
At present, the trucks and other highway vehicles need to pass through the pilgrim town on way to and from neighbouring state Rajasthan. A new bypass which ay come up next to GMDC ground will solve the issue of traffic in Ambaji town as highway vehicles will be diverted to bypass on way to Abu Road in Rajasthan.
The project is right now in concept stage.
The other major project under consideration is installation of 51 or 101 ft high idol of Goddess Amba in pilgrim town.
Setting up LED screens at various places across the pilgrim town relaying live darshan of Goddess Amba from Ambaji temple is another project under consideration.
Renovation of Bhojan Shala, completion of golden shikhar project before upcoming Bhadarvi Punam fair in the month of September are some other developments in this pilgrim town.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies