Heavy rainfall warning continues, fishermen advised not to venture in to seaJuly 05, 2018
Several parts of South and Central Gujarat and Saurashtra were witnessing rain today even as 159 talukas of 28 districts in Guajrat saw light to very heavy rain in last 24 hours with Umbergam in Valsad district recording over 7 inches (186mm) of downpour.
The met department has continued its heavy rain warning for the day and also the warning for fishermen to not to venture in to the sea owing to rough and squally sea.
Some parts of Saurashtra coast including that of Pipavav and Jafrabad in Amreli districts saw high waves in the morning.
Due to rain state has so far seen over 14 % of average rain of the season so far. Water level in various dams including all important Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam was rising. For Narmada dam it was 108.78 meter at 8am this morning. The inflow of water was 7142 cusec. An official of SSNNL today said that if more rains occurs in MP then the water level will quickly cross 110.64 meter mark after which power production in the hydel units will also start.
The rain fall warning for the day is – Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of South Gujarat region namely Surat, Valsad, Navsari, Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli, in the districts of Saurashtra namely Bhavnagar, Gir Somnath, Amreli, Diu.
The list of top 10 talukas with amount of rainfall during last 24 hours was as follows-
1 Valsad Umergam 186
2 Valsad Valsad 159
3 Valsad Vapi 156
4 Surat Mangrol 144
5 Navsari Khergam 132
6 Kheda Vaso 116
7 Mahisagar Virpur 114
8 Anand Anand 105
9 Surat Umerpada 101
10 Navsari Gandevi 100
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies